Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Return to Rome: A "Leap of Faith" experience

My Return to Rome: A “Leap of Faith”

March 26, 2007 I went back to Rome full of fear and anxiety, unsure of what will happen and devoid of any plans.
I was returning with only a “recivuta.” Unsure of being accepted back to Italy.
I was worried of my mother who just went out of the hospital and was bidding farewell as though it would be our last of seeing each other.
I had no money and above all with no Borsa-No Scholarship for my studies.
I was worried whatever happens; I didn’t even have the means of going back to the Philippines.

To make things worse, when I went to the Questura, upon arrival to verify my papers, though I had an appointment, and a call from the office. my file was no where to be found and they seem not eager to help me or find it.

It was an experience of helplessness, discouragement and to some extent hopelessness. I was really down and out and it was Holy Week 2007.
It was one of those times you call a very sad state. As If you were at the edge of the cliff and you do not now what will happen and what to do.

I remember how in those times, How often I silently raised my voice to the Lord, to our Blessed Virgin in supplication … “asking to show me the way.”

It was Good Friday, While I was meditating on the Passion of Jesus on TV. At that point when Jesus was crucified with the 2 thieves and one asked Him to remember them and Jesus answered.. “Today you will be with me in Paradise.”

It touched me so intensely that even made me cry alone in my room, while at that time I was feeling sorry for myself for the state I was in, and there where those words of Jesus, which where words of assurance.

It was a time of realization, I was reminded to Trust in the Lord, I was reminded to continue hoping and never loose faith and confidence. Make the act of Faith


The next days. For the record, were all BLESSINGS,

I became busy again with my community in Bologna and Bescovio
My Mother assured me that she was feeling better and she celebrated her 81st birthday happily and successfully last May 14.
One fine day, last April 17. I received a letter, a letter that I opened inside the church in front of the blessed Mother and the Blessed Sacrament. And lo and behold, it was the approval of my scholarship asking me to get the check.

a week later,I received a call from the questura for finger printing. They finally found my file and my papers were okey .
Then I received a call from my Pastor from the US asking me to come early for my pastoral work.

Blessings were pouring the next 3 weeks.

A reminder once again How Jesus and Mama Mary Loves me and will never abandon me.
It was like after Good Friday came Easter and resurrection
Like After winter, came springtime and new life.

Thank you very much Dear Lord Jesus and mama Mary

Today I am leaving for the US, for Bayville where I will be staying and working and writing my thesis for the next 5 months.

No comments:

This is a site of "Leaps of Faith" experiences and reflections. Be it Philosophical, Theological, Practical or Personal. It is also a site of Biblical reflections. But Above all, This is a site for YOU and ME.

"Leaps of Faith"

"LEAPS OF FAITH" Can be a religious movement of a person, an inner movement of belief, of trust on the greatest power of all, The Supreme being..Our Creator and Maker..Our God. They can be resolutions of a person everyday in his life to move forward, to be a better person, and to start a new life. They can be decisions of a person in times of great uncertainties, when he is not sure of what will come or happen and he makes a leap of faith. They can be steps, difficult steps that a person makes on his way to change or to start anew. Or they can simply be a persons resolve to fly, to travel..to widen his horizons, to learn more about life and to grow. These are Leaps of faith we make everyday and in great moments of our lives and they are worth considering and reflecting.